Friday, January 7, 2011

Warhol and Me; the Sacred Feather


Generally speaking, I would say that me and Warhol come at art in pretty different directions. I wouldn't really say that i'm too into the whole 'leftovers' idea. I think that 'recycling' (as Warhol puts it) is actually more like re-appropriation, and the whole recycling idea comes off as a little forced; I mean seriously nothing less is wasted in Andy Warhol's art than in anybody else's. But I guess that something of semantics. I do think Warhol's work relates to one of my project ideas, however, in that I may make food portraits of famous people. In many ways this project idea is deeply rooted in pop art, and may also in fact re-use famous imagery. So maybe I am actually into 'leftovers?' No, I still think its different (and I would also say that this project is not the norm for me).

2 comments:

  1. I like how you are going to make food portraits of famous people in the style of pop art. Now I'm tempted to change my sculptur picture in a pop style that Andy Warhol did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the world look different after Warhol as the Burns documentary claims? Making soup cans into paintings or Chex into portraits seem somehow related.

    ReplyDelete